The French Geological Society and its partners (ISIFoR Carnot institute, CVA Group, EVOLEN, GEODENERGIES and POLE AVENIA) are organizing a symposium on the theme “Geosciences in the energy transition”, which will take place on Tuesday March 13, 2018 in Paris in amphitheater 25 at the Pierre and Marie Curie University. You must register before February 28, 2018.
The symposium will begin with two introductory conferences by Alain Grandjean (economist, founder and associate of Carbone 14) and Bernard Tardieu (President of the “energy and climate change” commission of the Academy of technologies), who will provide a political, economic and scientific slant on the energy transition issue. It will continue with a series of theme-based debates (presentations and round-table discussions) focusing on three subjects: stockage géologique du CO2, géothermie et stockage géologique d’énergies.
The purpose of the event is to show that geosciences must play an essential role in the emergence and development of new disciplines, made indispensable by the climate emergency and the commitments stemming from it.
The symposium is part of the French Geological Society’s determination, shared by its partners, to share the knowledge required to understand the developments in geological disciplines with a public concerned by geosciences.
The tentative program is as follows:
- 08:30: Welcome
- 09:00: Welcome speech (SGF)
- 09:10 – 09:50: Conference by Bernard TARDIEU
- 09:50 – 10:30: Conference by Alain GRANDJEAN
- 10:30 – 11:00: Coffee break
- 11:00 – 12:45: Theme-based debate “CO2 storage”, chaired by Didier BONIJOLY (President of the CO2 / BRGM club)
- 12:45 – 13:45: Lunch break
- 13:45 – 15:00: Theme-based debate “Deep geothermal energy”, chaired by Jean-Jacques GRAFF (President of the AFPG/ESG)
- 15:00 – 15:30: Coffee break
- 15:30 – 16:45: Theme-based debate “Energy storage”, chaired by Pierre LE THIEZ (ANCRE/IFP)
- 16:45 – 17:30: Summary and prospects